Vanagon Redwoods

Vanagon Redwoods

Monday, September 5, 2016

Stock Bumper Facelift

I will eventually replace my front bumper with something a bike more substantial. The one that came with the van was slightly bent, the rub strip was missing and the chrome was looking a bit tarnished.

 So, I decided to throw a little black satin paint on it and call it good.

However, I decided that I wanted to make it different.   My original thought was to put stainless carriage bolts across the front to give it somewhat of a riveted industrial look, but there's not a great deal of space behind it for a nut. So I removed all the bolts that hold the rub strip on and bought small black plastic plugs to fill the holes.  

After that, I added some grip tape strips to the top so I don't slip off when climbing up to check the cargo space.

Simple quick hack.

No comments:

Post a Comment